Saturday, November 11, 2017

Back again. New projects...

Starting this up again.

Thanksgiving is around the corner and the kids are old enough now to start programming at this level. Four years ago, the coding was likely going to be a bit over their heads, and had me scratching mine from time to time.

I'm starting with essentially, two kits. One familiar, and one new.

I'll be using a mix of Arduino, and likely, eventually, my Raspberry Pi 3.



I'm cannibalizing a Meccano G15 semi-humanoid robot. This is a steal as a starter kit as it comes with two 5v motors, 4 servos, and a 5v power source. The building platform translates to what should be a solid platform. It can be found for cheap, in this or the newer version. It was fun for the kids last weekend as intended out of the box.

Meccano G15 V2





So we stole the lower portion, and a few parts to make this:




I'll also have a separate platform built as before from the venerable Tamiya Tracked Vehicle chassis.


No comments:

Post a Comment